LIBERALS ATTACK !!

LIBERALS ATTACK !!
LIBERALS ATTACK... THEY'LL KILL YOUR PETS! ACK! ACK!

CALL ME SNAKE

CALL ME SNAKE
ESCAPE TO NOWHERE... SNAKE!

Friday, September 11, 2015

GREG HANCOCK... SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX AND 2015

GRIN: IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

GRIN: IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!
Wednesday 9th September 2015, 13:35
World champ Greg Hancock admits some of his changes for 2015 didn’t have the desired effect as he plays catch-up in the FIM Speedway World Championship race.
The 45-year-old may have three world titles under his belt, but that doesn’t quell his desire to innovate and find new ways to be even faster.
Standing still can see a rider go backwards, but sometimes changing a winning formula also backfires.

"The easiest way of saying it is that if it’s not broken, sometimes you don’t have to fix it. We’re always trying to be that little bit better and not be complacent. But it wasn’t bad where I was."

- Greg Hancock

Third-placed Hancock admits he has reversed some of his changes for this season as he bids to cement his place on the rostrum and close the 27-point gap between him and series leader Tai Woffinden.
Speaking ahead of Saturday’s Mitas Slovenian SGP in Krsko, he said: “All I’ve ever tried to do is just be that little bit better.
“What I had last year was good. It was great to win, but I always want to be that little bit better. Some of the things I’ve been trying and doing to be that much better didn’t turn out the way I had hoped for.
“Now I’ve had to back up to what I did before. The easiest way of saying it is that if it’s not broken, sometimes you don’t have to fix it. We’re always trying to be that little bit better and not be complacent. But it wasn’t bad where I was.
“We’ve turned things back around again and here we go – it’s wide open and full steam ahead.”
Hancock has been far from off the pace, but he was still relieved to get back to his best by reaching his first final of the season in Gorzow.
He said: “It feels like one of those years where I’ve been riding at half-speed for some reason, yet still going well. It was great to go to Gorzow and get back up to full speed again. It’s amazing what you can do when you’re at full speed. Now it’s just about maintaining that. I want to keep charging and taking points.”
Catching Woffinden is set to be a tall order for Hancock and his SGP rivals. But you won’t see the American legend waving the white flag yet.
He said: “The title is still within reach mathematically, but things have to happen to make that happen. The only thing I can do is hope I score a lot more points than the guys sitting above me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment